Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

I, too, forgot my camera today. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics this afternoon. But, here is a little "briefing" of my holiday.

Thursday (Thanksgiving) - This year for Thanksgiving we went to CJ's sister, Tammy's house for Thanksgiving. My parents went to Virginia to eat with my Daddy's brothers and sisters, and we were unable to do both. We had a great time at Tammy's eating, checking out the Black Friday specials, and watching videos of our nephew, Brandon playing football on You Tube.

That night, we made our trip to the turkey shoot. We didn't have any luck, but we still had a great time standing by the fire, drinking hot chocolate, and talking to our friends. Aaron, Cody and I left early because I had to hit the bed to get up for Black Friday.

Friday (Black Friday) - The alarm clock went off at 2:20 am. Yep, that's right 2:20 am! I met Cathy at Mama's at 2:45 am and we headed to The Waffle House! We met my Aunt Deb and my cousins, Tammy and Sonya for breakfast! We had so much fun and we were all so sleepy! We then headed to JCPennney's because they opened at 4 am and got a free Mickey Mouse snow globe. (Not really worth going to JCPenney's at 4 am, but anyways) Then we headed to Wal-mart and Belk. Cathy went with her Mama to Rocky Mount, and me and my Mama headed HOME! I got Mama home, unpacked the car for her, and was in my bed at 8:45 am!!! Joey called at 9:45 am to see where I was so he could bring me the kids. ( I was supposed to call him when I was on my way home, but I was trying to be sneaky and get a little sleep.) Alyssa didn't feel good and she was crying, so I told him to bring them on. I stayed up all day, and went to bed that night about 10. I have never, ever slept so hard.

Saturday - The kids went to Joey's a little after 9 am, and CJ and I headed to the Conway Christmas Parade. I can't believe I didn't take my kids! We also left the boys in the bed asleep! LOL After the parade, we went to the craft show and ate lunch at the school. I took CJ home and then I went to Roanoke Rapids by myself and picked up a few Christmas presents. When, I got home he informed me that we were going to the Farrow Christmas Party in Milwaukee. Okay...it was fine for us to go, but I asked him 4 or 5 times and he said we were not going and I had not prepared anything to take!!! He called to see what time we had to be there, and his step-dad said, oh 5 minutes!!!! MEN! So, we went to the store and I grabbed some drinks to take because I could not go empty handed. After the party, the boys and I headed home, and CJ headed out with his Mama, sister and friends. I won't blog about that.....LOL It might get me in trouble....LOL

Sunday - On Sunday, we had Thanksgiving with my family. I had to fix snaps, creamed potatoes, brownies and 2 cheesecakes. Mama had so much food and it was all so good! We had plans to take the kids up in Daddy's bucket truck, but it was raining. :(

Monday - Today is my Daddy's last day at Dominion Power! :( After being with the power company for 39 years, he has retired! We are all a little sad. :( Don't get me wrong, we are happy for him, but at the same time we will miss him being the "Power Man". I can't even begin to tell you how many times people have approached me to tell how much my Daddy had helped them over the years. Everyone always speaks so highly of him, and it makes me soooo proud to be his daughter! I love you Daddy and I hope you don't drive Mama too crazy! LOL (He told her they were going to start doing a lot of cleaning....hahaha)

Glad to hear everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Charlie's not good at making decisions either...lol. It must be a man thing! Congrats to your Daddy for his retirement. Charlie's Daddy was supposed to retire last Friday, but something came up at IP and it has been put off a month or two. I hope he doesn't drive Mrs. Pinky crazy either when he retires...lol

Kelly said...

Daddy told Mama they were going to clean out all of their closets and throw away anything they don't use. My Mama saves EVERYTHING, so it should be interesting. Needless to say, she's NOT looking forward to that part. They tried to get my Daddy to stay longer, but he's ready.

Jamie's Block said...

lol..we skipped the farrow christmas party this year..lol..it gets to outta hand and smokey sometimes for me..lol..but i did make a cake for it..lol..the one shaped like a pumpkin...naw..we had opie's crew party for work at riverside.

Kelly said...

Yeah Jamie! I noticed you won't there! We sat in the back and laughed at a few people. Can you believe I didn't hit the dessert table? So, I didn't see the cake. I did eat some of Kim's sweet potato casserole! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Glad to know you are taking it easy at work today. LOL! Just kidding you know I love ya!