Monday, December 1, 2008

Procrastinator

Okay...so when I was in the 6th grade, we had a 6th grade banquet. I guess because we were moving up to middle school. So, our teachers gave out awards to each child. My award was supposed to be funny, and I can NOT take a joke. My award was the Procrastinator Award. I didn't even know what procrastinate meant at the time. My teachers thought it was hilarious and I didn't even get it. Okay...so my point is, I was then and still am a procrastinator! All I want is a picture of my Daddy with his Dominion Power truck! I went out and bought a new camera for this very reason. Since it rained yesterday, I told Mama I would come by at lunch time and take his picture. I pull up in the yard and no Daddy or Mama. I called my Daddy on his work cell phone to see if he was on his way home for lunch. Some man named Billy answered his phone. He is filling in for Daddy and had dropped him off at home for lunch and was coming back at 2:00 to pick him up! Great! So, I left my camera with Mama and hopefully she will be able to get pictures of him then. I thought today was his last day, but actually it's tomorrow. However, the guy filling in is picking Daddy up and dropping him off, so the truck won't be in the yard anymore. I know this sounds kind of crazy, but we are going to miss seeing his truck in the yard. So, I guess I will just be posting pics tomorrow.

5 comments:

Michele said...

Definately post pics tomorrow! I think it's really cool that you want to do that of your Daddy...some folks think I am so crazy over some of the pics that I take BUT they'll appreciate it in the long run!

Mandy said...

Please, please, please try to get that picture if you really want it. Not saying that anything bad will happen, but I can kind of relate. My Mama drew a picture about 10 years ago and when I moved out on my own, she gave it to me. Well, I had all intentions of getting her to sign the picture and date it and I never did. I regret that so bad now. I still have it in my house and will never part with it, but I wish I had her signature for my kids to see that Grandma Linda drew it and not just hearing about it from me. So I don't think it is silly at all!

Tina said...

Get that picture!! I'll miss him being the NC Power man too...

Kelly said...

I guess I'm more "aware" or "sentimental" since finding out about Daddy's cancer. I think I hug them both more and tell them I love them both more. Hopefully, Mama will get some good pics of him for me.

Donielle said...

I'm a sentimental gal myself, and I don't blame you for wanting to get those pictures. You will have to tell the man driving the truck that he is going to have to do you a favor and park that truck where it's usually parked long enough to get his pic. Good luck!