Monday, April 20, 2009

Summary of the LONG weekend

Thursday - Weight Watchers - I gained 6 oz. I was actually okay with it because I thought it was going to be a pound or even two! I wish I could say I am on track, but I have been eating way too much. I don't know what is going on with my diet!



Friday - I took the day off. Mama had the kids all week and we don't get a day off for Easter, so I opted for a long weekend! Friday was a very productive day. We pulled up a lot of bushes out of our yard and even had the kids help out with the clean up. My brother stopped by and painted 4 doors for me. I hated to do away with Logan's artwork, but it was time to go! LOL



Saturday - My husband's 40th Birthday!!! Happy Birthday CJ!!! I spent the whole day cleaning because we had a cookout at our house that evening. We had a great time until the end! To make a long story short, some gas was thrown in a fire barrel outside. My step-son Aaron, my nephew Cody, and our friend Eric were all injured. Cody had minimal burns and we are so thankful for that. He was the one actually on fire and ripped his on shirt off. Luckily, he had on two shirts. Aaron had the worst injuries and both him and Eric have 2nd degree burns! Cathy drove Aaron and myself to the hospital at 11:30 at night! Thank you so much Cathy!!! We love you! They saw Aaron right away, wrapped up his legs and then we waited...forever!! Our friend Carolyn ( Allyson's Mom), drove CJ, Nathan, Tammy, Cody and Allyson to the hospital so CJ and Nathan could be with Aaron and have Cody checked out. Eric parent's, Fannie and Jeff, brought him to the hospital. Thank you Carolyn for driving everyone to the hospital! Thank you for running home to get cream for the boys burns!! We love you! You'll never know how thankful we are!! We were all at the hospital until 5:00 am! The boys were rubbed down with silverdine cream and wrapped up in gauze, given some prescriptions and off to Wal-Greens! We all finally got home around 6 am. The boys are still sore, but are doing really well! It could have been a lot worse and we are son thankful! CJ took Aaron to the doctor today and she said everything looked good, prescribed him an antibiotic and bandaged him back up. He has another appointment tomorrow.



Sunday - Well, like I said we got home at 6 am. We went to bed and I woke up at 7:45 am to call Joey to see if he could watch the kids until that afternoon. Of course he had plans, so he said he could bring them around 9:30! Wow an extra 30 minutes, and told me I would have to tough it! I found out that Joey reads my blog from time to time, so maybe he will read this! HA! My kids were crazy when they got home! I tried to keep them quiet so everyone could sleep, but Logan just won't feeling it. CJ and the boys got up around 1 or 2 pm, and I finally got a shower and took a nap until 5 pm. I woke up to CJ yelling, "BE QUIET BEFORE YOU WAKE UP YOUR MAMA!!!" I was like, okay you just did! So, I felt a little refreshed, but then shortly after realized that I was still so tired. I have so much to do today and I am still so tired. Just checked on Aaron and he has only had one pain pill today and is doing good!!! Well, I'm off to do some work!!! I tried to summarize everything to lessen the reading!





A pic of Aaron and Cody right before we went home! Aaron had two doses of Morphine and was loving everybody, he even told the nurses!! And, no I didn't take my camera, this is from my cell!

8 comments:

Jamie's Block said...

i heard about the boys and i am so glad that they are ok and doing fine. you know when it comes to my family i worry and i heard this about 10:00 on sunday night and just worried all night because i didn't know the details or how bad it was. you need to get some rest and take care of yourself now. if you need anything please let me or mom know.

we love you!!!

Michele said...

OMG...what a weekend girl! I got CJ when he called into work this morning to give the message to Bales...I wondered what had happened b/c he said that he had to take his son back to the Dr. in the morning! I din't want to ask though. I am so glad everyone is ok...so scary! And Happy BELATED Birthday to CJ! Get you some rest when you get home girl!

Judi said...

How scary was that. I hate fire. Boys will be boys though. I am glad everyone is O.K.

Mandy said...

I am glad everyone is doing better. I left a comment on Allyson's blog about Silverdene Cream...that stuff is GREAT!

Shari said...

What a weekend!

First of all......Happy Birthday CJ......I am so sorry we missed the cookout.......and I am so very sorry for all that happened that night.....it'll be a Birthday to remember...huh?

I'm glad the boys are recovering and doing good.....I bet it scared them all to death.....they will all be in my thoughts & prayers as they are healing.....I can't even imagine!

Please let me know if I can do anything for you!

Love ya girl!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everyone isn't worse than it could have been. I hope Aaron liked his little care package...Joseph was so sweet making sure we got the right stuff for him today. Buddy said to make sure I told you all of you were in his prayers. See you at work tomorrow.

Judson's Mommy said...

Happy birthday CJ! I am so glad all the boys are doing well. Hope you are all rested up.

Keri said...

Oh my goodness, Kelly!!!! What a weekend you had. I bet you were actually GLAD to see Monday - lol. I'm so glad everyone is okay and wasn't too badly hurt. I hope that your upcoming weekend is really boring :)