Thursday, May 21, 2009

NCHS - EAST JROTC BATTALION

Aaron was "drafted" into the JROTC at school this past semester. He was not at all excited about it. He would even go wait for the bus early in the mornings so we couldn't see him in his uniform. Last night was Family Night for the JROTC to give the students a chance to show their parents what they had learned this year. I will have to admit, we were all impressed! The kids did an awesome job!
Aaron's group marching. As they were marching, Logan was singing, "I don't know, but I've been told"! So glad he didn't know the rest of it! LOL


Salute!

I'm not sure what this was called, but it was really cool to watch!


This was a "game" to follow commands. If you missed the command you had to sit out.



Aaron, along with several others, had to sit out after the first command! LOL He said he couldn't believe it because he always wins in class. A girl beat them all!!!


The Awards Table



Aaron being recognized for Honor Roll!!!!

Aaron being recognized for being promoted. He has actually been promoted twice this semester. In order to be promoted, you have to lead a group in a march and your are judged by a committee. We are so proud of you Aaron! He told me this morning that he plans to continue to stay in the JROTC! I'm so glad he took an interest in it.








9 comments:

Patricia said...

I know that you are so proud of Aaron. He is such a good looking young man!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful job Aaron is doing. I know you are proud of him, I am as well. WAY TO GO AARON!!!

Judson's Mommy said...

Way to go Aaron. I know you guys are proud.

Michele said...

Great job Aaron! He should be very proud! I know you all are so proud of him!

Mary Lou said...

I know you're really proud. The JROTC from HCHS always comes out to our graduation to present the flags before commencement starts, and they do such a great job. Such form and stature when they're marching! You gotta love it!

Donielle said...

Good job Aaron! I bet that was neat to watch, and I know he hated being one of the first ones out of the game. Isn't that usually how it happens?

Kalo's World said...

Great job Aaron!! I know it can't be easy.

Shari said...

Good for Aaron......I'm so proud of him.......he looks so handsome!

Keri said...

Way to go Aaron! I know you must be a proud!