Thursday, November 13, 2008

Just when you are about to give up....

A few minutes ago, I got a call from the Secretary from school requesting for me to come to school. I asked her was everything okay and she said Mrs. Stephenson (the principal) wanted to talk to me. So, I fly out the door with all these thoughts running in my head, are the kids okay, what did Logan do, is the police out there about Alyssa's stuff???? So, I get to the school and they immediately signal for me to come in. When I walk in, there are two other women sitting in the office. So, then I'm thinking, oh this is about Alyssa. The Principal introduced me to the two women, I shook their hands, told them it was nice to meet them, and sat down. Well, the Principal asked me could I describe Alyssa's game system and I said yes, it is red and black. She picked up a notebook and there it was! One of the two women was an Aunt that found it, took it from her nephew, demanded for him to tell her where it came from, and turned it in! Can you believe it??? I started crying and the Aunt hugged me. She told me that she was a parent and she worked in the school system and she had to turn it in. I probably thanked her 20 times. I know they thought I was crazy! I had given up and had told Alyssa she could get another one for Christmas. I called Alyssa out of her classroom and showed her and she was so excited. We only have one game that was found. She did not get back her pocketbook, charger, wallet, or other games, but she did get the DS. The Aunt told me she would turn in anything else she found. I am so thankful to her and I think she is a remarkable woman. God is good!

7 comments:

aLLySoN mIcHeLLe said...

Oh my gosh ... The first part of this blog really scared me .. I am glad that yall have found her DS, good luck to finding the pocketbook and the games!! I love how you said "What did Logan do" haha !! I read it to Lucas and he laughed when I read that part!! Tell the kids I said hello!! 2009 is coming Kelly, next year is going to be a whole lot better for you! :)

Judson's Mommy said...

See.. maybe God is giving you something back in return for what you done this morning.

Jamie's Block said...

HE works in mysterious ways. "everything happens for a reason".

Michele said...

That is AWESOME! Things happen for a reason and like Shannon said maybe that was God's way in return of the good deed you did this morning!

Kelly said...

Allyson, you know I was expecting to walk in that office and see Logan Barnes little butt sitting there! Tell Lucas I say Hey! I'll tell the kids! They LOVE their Allyson and Lucas! I hope next year will be better!

Shannon, Thank You! Rhonda told me the exact same thing!!!

Donielle said...

I was going to say the exact same thing Shannon said! That's awesome that she returned it. Hopefully the boy will learn his lesson by watching his aunt do the right thing.

Tina said...

Girl, I had an irrate mom bring Karley's pencil bag back to our house about a month ago that was 'acquired' on the bus.. She was ticked to say the least.. Her kids had to ride wiht her to show her where we lived! There are a few of us good, honest mother's left!!