Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bells Palsy

Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and the whole left side of my face was numb. You know that numb feeling right after you leave the dentist office and your waiting for your mouth to wake up? Well, that's how I felt and still feel. I didn't know what was going on and it scared me to death. So, I dropped off the kids and headed to the Doctor's office. I don't even remember finishing explaining my symptoms to him when he diagnosed it as Bells Palsy. Luckily, it is temporary. It can last 2 weeks to a month and I'm on an anti-viral medicine (5 pills a day for 7 days). The description for the medicine is for herpes and chicken pox! WHAT?!?!? Hope I got the right medicine! LOL So, I'm okay, I'm not in any pain, just really uncomfortable and frustrated. I'm struggling with drinks, even with a straw and my eye will not close on the left side. Crazy! I can't be around loud noises, so I guess I'm going to have to move. LOL My ear does hurt pretty bad when the kids get loud, which is all the time. So, this was a great way to start my Wednesday morning (right before hearing about the President, UGH!)

14 comments:

aLLySoN mIcHeLLe said...

Hmm .. That sucks ! I hope that it gets better and that you start to feel better. You can't be around loud noises well that means .. you can't live in your house and you can't go to work(hahaha) so looks like you don't have much to do!! Anyways keep me updated and let me know how you are doing! Miss ya! :)

Michele said...

OMG...I am so sorry girl! I hope things will get better SOON! So glad to hear that it's temporary! Keep up posted!

Judson's Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judson's Mommy said...

Oh Kelly, I am sorry to hear that. I am sure things will start to get better for you soon. Keep us posted.

Kelly said...

Thanks Everybody! I think I was hoping to wake up to a miracle this morning, but no such luck. I think it's a little bit worse. Plus, I'm feeling sorry for myself. It's just a struggle to talk, eat, drink. I know it's temporary and I need to be thankful for that, but I am already ready for it to go away.

Tina said...

Shelley and I went to highschool with a girl that had that..Hers (rare) lasted a couple of years, and then it vanished.. hers came back with her second pregnancy-- you;re not pregnant are you??? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!No fear, it'll go away!

Jamie's Block said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie's Block said...

my mema had something similar to that on her whole body and she could't walk for a few days, but it went away in like a week but i can't remember what it's called. hope urs gets better soon!! (what's with the loud noises, does it make ur ears numb, and hurt?)

Kelly said...

100% positive I'm not pregnant!!! Funny! LOL My eardrum is numb also, so loud noises hurt my ears really bad.

aLLySoN mIcHeLLe said...

I forgot yall were going to New York. I hope yall have fun, which I know you will especially once you get CJ off of the plane haha I hope he likes flying just because he has made such a big deal aboout it. Be careful!

Nancy said...

I hope you are felling better soon, Kelly. For the last 20+ years I have had facial neuritis. It kinda feels like what you describe...hasn't bothered me lately...sometimes I have to get a B12 shot for it and take something (I forgot what??) I just mostly hope it will go way since I have so many ailments!!!! But I am an old fart and you are a young chick!! Get plenty of rest if at all possible!!! Hang in there...luv ya!!

Kelly said...

Thanks Nancy and you are not an old fart!!! I hope it goes away soon because I am going crazy. I'm taking something called Acyclovir. I wish these meds would kick in and fix my face! Luv Ya!

Donielle said...

I'm sorry to hear that Kelly. I really hope you get better soon. I bet you were scared to death when you woke up. But like you said, let's give praise that it's only temporary (however long that may be!). ((hugs))

Kelly Vann said...

Kelly I just read this...sorry about that, but glad it's temporary.