Thursday, November 13, 2008

Just a little push.....in the right direction...

I don't know why it takes something tragic for me to talk to God. When everything is running smoothly, the bills are paid, everyone is healthy, I forget to talk to him and thank him for all my blessings. But, just as soon as money gets tight or someone gets sick, I'm ready to talk. Through finding out about Daddy's cancer, I've prayed a lot, and I've prayed hard. Probably more than I have ever prayed. I always thank God for my blessings when I do pray, but last night was different. I did pray for my Daddy and my Bells Palsy and I did thank him for my blessings, but then I asked him something I have never asked him before...God, what can I do for you? I always ask of you, but what can I do for you? I went to sleep and didn't think much of it until I was on my way to work. When I left school, there was a wreck at the crossroads. Everyone was okay, just a fender bender in the rain, but I knew one of the women involved. As I went around, like everyone else trying to get to work, I felt this push. I turned around and pulled over and went to her and just gave her a big hug. I asked had she taken her girls to school, and she had. I asked was her husband coming, and he is out of town. She said it wasn't too bad and she thought she could drive it home, so I asked did she need me to wait and follow her home, and she said no she was fine. I gave her another hug and told her Thank God she was okay and her girls were not with her, and I went to work. There were men out there standing in the rain directing traffic so she wasn't alone. I met the State Trooper on my way to work. I know all I did was a little thing, just to check on someone I knew. I know I was just doing the right thing, but I feel like God was asking me to go check on "His" child and just give her a hug.

5 comments:

Judson's Mommy said...

That was a wonderful thing to do. It sounds like he did send you in the right direction this morning. I am sure she appreciated you stopping to check on her.

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful person, and I knew it all along...LOL...I am glad everything was okay, and even though it may seem like a little thing you did, I am sure it will be something that person won't ever forget. Love you!

Mandy said...

If I were to be in a little fender bender, I know I would need a hug. That was a sweet thing to do!

Jamie's Block said...

He has not only helped me out once but 3 HUGE times (my wreck when i was 16, he told me to take my hands off the wheel and cover my head when my tire went flat in a curve and started going sideways towards the ditch on a wet road. if i hadn't i wouldn't have a tiny scar on my elbow but a stick thorugh my temple. and the second one was opie, and also the 3rd one with opie's hand.) i have been blessed and everytime i am like u i pray harder than ever and it always works out in the end, and i never once thought to ask what i can do for him. but as i think about it, i do lots of things bc i am ALWAYS giving and helping out other ppl and i NEVER take the time to just HELP me and have ME time, but i guess i could ask him bc maybe there is more that i need to do. Everything happens for a reason and i am a strong beleiver in that for SO many reasons.

Donielle said...

Those "strong feelings" are hard to ignore, but sometimes uncomfortable to follow through with. But when you listen to Him, you will be blessed. You might have started a chain of random acts of kindness this morning.