Monday, October 27, 2008

Recap of the weekend......

Friday night, we went to Chik-Fil-A for Camryn's birthday. Can we say redneck birthday party? LOL Camryn wanted to go there for her birthday. I agreed because we actually went to a party there a few months ago. It was really simple, the parent brought the cake, and just ordered kids meals and ice cream, and the little girl opened her presents. So, why was it so redneck when we did it? I don't know why, but let me tell you, it was! People were looking at us like we had lost our mind. I wonder why an idea sounds so good until you actually do it? Oh well. Camryn had a ball and that's all that matters. My niece and nephew came home with us and spent the night. They both are sweet, quiet children (so unlike my own), and I enjoyed them so much.

Saturday morning, my kids left around 9 and Caitlin and Cole left around 10. They were so quiet. I hardly even knew they were there! Crazy! So, then I took a shower and headed over to the Woman's Club Building for Shari's Crop. I'm taking a break from scrap booking right now, so I just went to hang out. I ordered every one's lunch and picked it up so they could all continue to crop. After lunch (which was from Main St. Diner in Conway and was GREAT!), I headed home to find my hubby sleep on the couch (big surprise). So, after he woke up and got ready, we headed to Rocky Mount, just the two of us. We went in a couple of stores, ate supper, and went to see the movie Nights in Rodanthe. We had the best time!!! We just talked and enjoyed each other. It was really nice.

Sunday morning around 2 am, I woke up sick, and that's how I spent the whole day! I had a touch of a stomach virus. I did manage to get a shower and go to Mr. James Martin's funeral. My parents have lived next door to Mr. James and his wife Mrs. Emmie since I was in the 4th grade. They have always been so good to our family, that I just couldn't bare to miss his funeral. After the funeral, I came home and cooked supper. CJ and the kids cleaned the kitchen! I was so relieved because it was all I could do to cook. Thank God, I feel much better today.

So, that is a recap of my weekend.

4 comments:

Judson's Mommy said...

Glad Camryn had a good birthday.. Sounds like you and CJ had a good time getting out. I know you feel that you can just relax when you have no kids around. Also, you need time to do things with your husband. I know this is the way I feel. Hope you are feeling better.

Kelly said...

Thanks Shannon! It does us some good to get out, especially having 5 children. I'm feeling much better. Rhonda and Buddy are both sick now!

Michele said...

Sounds like you had such a great weekend except for the last part of it. I am glad that you are feeling much better...keep that stuff over your way:-0

Anonymous said...

Visit Our Site http://freedomindustries.biz/