Friday, June 26, 2009

Update on My Week!

I have managed to forget my camera every single day this week. I have been wanting to post pics from Alyssa's birthday party last Friday, but no such luck! The kids have been in Vacation Bible School all week, and will finish with their program tonight. Alyssa informed me she did not want to get on stage to sing and dance because she is stage fright! Camryn, on the other hand, can not wait.

I went to the eye doctor on Wednesday. My eye has been doing some crazy mess. The eye doctor told me it was a side effect from the Bell's Palsy, and I was blinking good and my vision had not changed. So, unless it got worse, there was nothing they could do at this time. My eye wants to get a little droopy and is driving me crazy. The only alternative is to do surgery on my eye lid to lift it, and he said it would have to get much worse before anyone would operate! Great! But..while I was there, I got contacts! I have not wore them in 10 years, and boy do I look different! 10 years ago, they found blood vessels in my eye, did laser surgery and told me I would never wear contacts again! Well, when I went 3 years ago, he said it was an option, but I decided not to. Well, Wednesday he said it was fine, and I'm wearing them. I wish someone would tell me that I'm not wearing glasses because I keep pushing them up! LOL CJ likes them, he said he felt like he had a new woman! LOL I don't know if that's good or not! LOL

We have a new driver in the family, as of this morning! Aaron turned 16 in April, but had to wait until today because of when he took driver's ed. CJ took the day off from work and carried him first thing. I told him, I didn't want to take this moment from him and Aaron's Mama, but one of them was going to take him TODAY or I was going to take him! Bless his heart, he has had to wait an extra 2 months, it was time to go! I remember going on my birthday! That was an important day! Aaron is heading to the beach with his cousin, Cody, in a little bit. He is not driving, of course! LOL CJ's Mama lives in Buxton, so they are going to spend the weekend with her.

Well, my blog went from birthday pics to VBS to contacts to drivers license! That's about how my brain is working these days, jumping from one thing to the next! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

9 comments:

Judson's Mommy said...

Boy... you had my head spinning. lol I am sure you will enjoy your contacts, however I do wish I could afford to have the Laser surgery to correct my vision. Yay for Aaron. I know he is so excited, I remember that day like it was yesterday. Hope your eye improves.

Judson's Mommy said...

Kelly,
Yes I have seen the pics of Ms. Reese! She is so adorable. I thought they were great!

Mandy said...

I think the heat has made everybody busier than normal. Congrats to Aaron the new "Errand Runner" and to you for being able to wear contacts. I hope Alyssa gets over her stage fright!

Michele said...

Whew girl..you have made me tired! Just kidding! I know you are gonna love your contacts...I had that laser eye surgery back in 2000 when I was on my Mom's insurance and all it cost me was $100...so glad I was able to do it then b/c I sure wouldn't be able to now! hope that eye won't bug you too much! Hope VBS goes great tonight and Alyssa may fool you...ya never know! and CONGRATS to Aaron...I know he is more excited than ever...I sure was the day i went. Have a great weekend girl and try to breathe a little...LOL!

Donielle said...

Wow, I bet you're ready for the weekend!! You've been as busy as me..lol! I know what you mean about pushing your glasses up when they're not on. I do that all the time when I go to get in the shower or if I take them off to jump in the pool. Have fun tonight and congrats to Aaron!

Mary Lou said...

Gosh! You sound like me--can't hardly finish one thing before you're moving on to something else! Congrats on the contact lenses! I've been wearing them for years and I love 'em! Congrats to Aaron too! I know he's so excited he can finally drive! Have a great weekend! And take a breather! LOL

Anonymous said...

You look great in your contacts...it has been so long since I have seen you without glasses...Aaron was so sweet when he came back to show us his license. He is growing up to be a really sweet young man. The kids did great at Bible School last night...and tell Logan...I still love him...LOL!

Nancy said...

I don't think I'm ever gonna see you again!!!!! I miss ya!!! Congrats on the contacts, Aaron's license and so forth!! LOL Me, John, Kelly and the boys spent the day at mom's house again-cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!! Then we went and ate lunch and then to see mom. We hauled off a truck load of trash from moms and stopped at Food Lion to get rabbit munchies and we just got home. We have still got 2 1/2 rooms left to go at mom's-she shouldn't have been staying there by herself, but..... Not exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday after working 5 days straight for the first time in 20 years!!!!(Oh it's 6:00 p.m. on Saturday) This working all day Friday thing, how do you run your errands?!?!

Keri said...

My goodness - you do have a LOT going on. I'm sorry about your eye problems - but glad you are liking your new contacts.

Congrats to Aaron. What an exciting summer for him!