Monday, June 22, 2009

Alyssa's Birthday/Father's Day Weekend


We had a very busy weekend, as usual! Friday night, we had Alyssa's birthday party at Valley Pine Country Club. (I forgot my camera today, so I will have to post pictures tomorrow.) She had one of the best parties ever! The kids got along great and just had a really good time! They swam, they ate pizza, they swam, they ate cake, they swam, Alyssa opened presents and then they swam again! They were all at a good age where we good just sit back and watch them have a good time! One of her friends at the party came home and spent the night. She must have planned it because she had her pajamas! LOL My niece also spent the night, and Logan went to my Mama's to spend the night with my nephew.


Saturday morning, the kids headed to their Daddy's. Logan had his very first Karate test. (He will find out in class Tuesday if he passed.) I didn't go! I can't believe I didn't go. I wanted him to do his best and I thought he would do better with his Daddy. I was afraid if I went, I would mess him up. I was so upset all day because I missed it. I never miss things like that! Joey called as soon as he was finished, and he thought he did a good job. So, hopefully on Tuesday he will find out if he receives his yellow belt.


After the kids left Saturday, I headed to work for a little bit and then headed home to crash on the couch. LOL Later on that evening, we headed over to the in laws to go swimming and ride golf carts. We went to Severn to see Cathy's son, Taylor. He had just gotten home from the hospital. (Those of you that don't know, Taylor had an accident on his bike and broke his ankle in 3 places, including the growth plate. They had to send him to Edenton Hospital from Ahoskie via ambulance for surgery. He has a metal plate and several screws, and a hard cast right now. He came home Saturday. He's been in a lot of pain, but has handled it all really well! Bless his heart, he is going to have one long summer!)


Sunday, my child turned 10! OMGoodness! How is she 10? So much was going on when she came in, that I forgot to tell my child Happy Birthday! She asked me did I have anything to tell her! Talk about making you feel like crap! We went out to lunch with CJ's family for Father's Day! Our waitress found out that it was Alyssa's birthday and brought her out a little birthday cake and gave Alyssa her lunch for FREE!! We were all excited about that! The picture at the top is Alyssa blowing out the candle. After lunch, we headed to Wal-Mart and Game Stop so Alyssa could blow some birthday money. She couldn't find the game she was looking for, so she saved it until she could find it somewhere else. I was so proud of her, because I would have found something to blow it on! LOL If any of you see the NEW Hannah Montana Nintendo DS game, let me know! We then headed to visit with my Daddy for Father's Day. After that we headed to the pool. I think my house is starting to miss me! It's starting to show! LOL How does your house get messy when you are not even there?!?! Crazy!
So...that was my long blog about my busy little weekend!!!

7 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Oh my! You did have a busy weekend but I bet you just naturally did it all and never even thought about everything you had to do and every place you had to go! LOL I think that's the way a lot of us operate! Sounds like Alyssa had a great birthday weekend! Happy Birthday Alyssa!

Sorry to hear about Cathy's son. I can imagine the pain he must be in. I had a compound fracture in my right leg when I was 15. Spent most of my summer on crutches and I was a month late gettin my driver's license! LOL Hope he's better soon!

Anonymous said...

I love Alyssa's cake at the resturant. What a treat that must have been. Glad you had a great weekend, and Alyssa had a wonderful birthday.

Mandy said...

I am glad ya'll had such a fun weekend, even though the house is a wreck...believe me, you are not alone! I am still unpacking and cleaning up from going on vacation the other weekend. Happy Birthday to your "double digits girl"!

Michele said...

Wow what a busy weekend! Sounds like a great one!

Had NO idea about Cathy's son...hope he will make out OK...I know he is in a great deal of pain!

Judson's Mommy said...

You did have a busy weekend. I am so glad Alyssa had a great birthday party.

Wendy said...

Your weekend sounded like mine, only I have been slack and not posted yet!
Great picture of her blowing out her candles. It was hot Saturday wasn't it! Good Grief! Thank Goodness for pools.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to Alyssa!

Happy Tuesday!

Keri said...

Fun weekend! Sounds like Alyssa had a great birthday weekend - a party, sleep over and then free lunch!

I hear you on the messy house thing. I don't think it's possible to keep clean once you have kids.